Current messages for students
VICE-DEAN for STUDENT AFFAIRS STATEMENT
on 2019 Summer EXAM SESSION and PROCEDURES from May 29th 2019
According to the Rector of the University of Łodz regulations no. 96 from April 23rd 2018 regarding the division of the academic year 2018/2019, summer exam session lasts from June 10th to June 30th 2019. The make-up examination session lasts from September 16th to September 30th 2019 year. Deadline for taking exams and getting credits:
· Exams (E) and tests (Z) ending subjects from June 10th to June 30th 2019;
· Diploma seminars (SL, SM) from June 10th to September 30th 2019;
· Make-up exams (E) and tests (Z) from September 16th to September 30th 2019.
1. Only a student who has regularly participated in a course, has an active student status in course USOS system and a valid student card can take passes and exams in the session.
2. For each course ending with exam (E) there are two terms: the first term (10.06-30.06) and make-up session (16.09-30.09) A student who has not got a positive grade for exercises classes cannot take the final exam.
3. Grades must be written by lecturers to protocols in UsosWeb system within 14 days of the pass or exam. Students are advised to verify the grades in UsosWeb system. Any discrepancies shall be immediately notified to the teacher running the subject.
4. The student is required to take exams and obtain credits at the appointed time. Excuse for absence during an examination should be proven and delivered immediately to the teacher. Requests for extension of the session will be accepted only in exceptional cases confirmed by appropriate documentation.
5. Before taking the exams, students are requested to be acquainted with the Faculty Council resolutions regarding the subjects that cannot be passed conditionally - (list available in Students Service Office and Faculty web page).
6. The student (available from the 2nd semester) who has failed the courses may ask for conditional registration for the following semester or repetition by applying in the Student’s Office not later than October 14th 2019. Student has the right to apply:
· For 1 subject – if having previous failed and not passed conditional registration;
· For 2 subjects – if having no previous arrears.
7. Passing the summer session means getting all positive grades in UsosWeb system on September 30th 2019. No grades in USOSWeb system is synonymous with session failure.
8. No summer session grading accepted after September 30th 2019.
Informations for Students of the Ist year