Current messages for students
VICE DEAN for STUDENT AFFAIRES STATEMENT on 2019/2020 Winter EXAM SESSION and PROCEDURES from January 9th 2020
According to the Rector of the University of Łodz regulations no. 71 from May 31st, 2019 regarding the division of the academic year 2019/2020, winter exam session lasts from January 27th to February 9th 2020. The make-up examination session lasts from February 17th to February 23rd 2020.
Deadline for taking exams and getting credits:
- Exams (E) from January 27th to February 9th 2020;
- Diploma seminars (SL, SM) and tests finishing courses from January 27th to February 23rd 2020;
- Make-up exams (E) from February 17th to February 23rd 2020.
1. Only a student who has regularly participated in a course, has an active student status in course USOS system and a valid student card can take passes and exams in the session.
2. For each course ending with exam (E) there are two terms: the first term (27.01-09.02) and make-up session (17.02-23.02) A student who has not got a positive grade for exercises classes cannot take the final exam.
3. Grades must be written by lecturers to protocols in UsosWeb system within 7 days of the pass or exam. Students are advised to verify the grades in UsosWeb system. Any discrepancies shall be immediately notified to the teacher running the subject but not later than on 23rd February 2020.
4. The student is required to take exams and obtain credits at the appointed time. Excuse for absence during an examination should be proven and delivered immediately to the teacher. Requests for extension of the session will be accepted only in exceptional cases confirmed by appropriate documentation.
5. Before taking the exams, students are requested to be acquainted with the Faculty Council resolutions regarding the subjects that cannot be passed conditionally - (list available in Students Service Office and Faculty web page).
6. Students of the 1st semester are obliged to pass all the courses. No conditional registration allowed for the 1st semester students - any fail on February 23rd 2020 means being off the list of students.
7. The student (available from the 2nd year) who has failed the courses may ask for conditional registration for the following semester or repetition by applying in the Student’s Office not later than March 6th 2020. The student is allowed to apply: For 1 subject – if having previous failed and not passed conditional registration; For 2 subjects – if having no previous arrears.
8. Passing the winter session means getting all positive grades in UsosWeb system on February 23rd 2020. No winter session grading accepted after February 23rd.
Vice dean in charge of Students Affairs
Dr. Agata Włodarska-Frykowska
Informations for Students of the Ist year